Shipping, Freight and Air Cargo v 2.0
International trade and logistics involves the buying and selling of goods internationally. This course introduces you to the different aspects of trade and focuses on shipping – the process that enables goods to travel from point of production / manufacturing up to consumers.
The Course also lays emphasis on Customs declaration, procedures, tariffs, classifications, Regimes and Calculations of import and export duties and other taxes.
This Course is designed to introduce you to selected key concepts of international trade and the shipping process (i.e: importing and exporting, shipping documentation, methods of payment, the roles of the different parties involved and basic law), and to help you develop learning skills, which will provide a sound basis for further work. It will give you an opportunity, whatever your plans, to learn ways of thinking that allow a better understanding of shipping and the shipping process as a whole.
The Course materials have been produced with the needs of new learners in mind. They assume no special knowledge and no experience of studying. Taking examples from every aspect of the shipping process, they enable you to build up a picture of how shipping works and how different jobs in the industry connect together to make up the whole shipping process.
At the end of the course, you will have:
- A working knowledge of exporting/importing goods to /from worldwide destinations and the parties involved including trade controls and agreements.
- A working knowledge and understanding of the modes of transport and international conventions involved
- A working knowledge of the special requirements of cargoes
- An understanding of trading terms
To be able to:
- Explain the mechanism of sea freight, air freight and shipping business
- Describe the nature of the main areas in Logistics and movement of goods
- Identify trade laws and freight procedures
- Explain the procedures of Customs and various activities therein
- Apply the rules and regulations governing the shipping, Forwarding and Clearance of goods.
- Acquire necessary knowledge and skills to carry out work with professionalism.
Who will benefit from this Course?
- School Leavers with at least a School Certificate
- People working in the Import & Export and Trade Industry
- International Trade and Trade barriers
- International Organizations
- Parties involved in International Trade
- MRA Customs& Excise department
- Trade Documents, Incoterms & Mode of Payment
- Commercial Invoice for Customs Declaration
- Freight Forwarders
- Bill of Lading
- Airway Bill
- Different Types of Import and Export
- Post Entry
- Customs Regimes and CPCs
- Certificate of Origin
- HS Codes
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Effecting Insurance
- Calculation of Customs Duties and Taxes
- Safe handling of Dangerous Cargo in the Port Area
- Port Operations
- Vessel Operations
- Airport Operations
- Air Freight Import Process
- Air Freight Export Process
- Sea Port Import Process
- Sea Port Export Process
- Customs Management System (Trade Net)
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Cargo Community System
Course Duration: 36hrs (12 Sessions of 3 hrs)
The course is subject to HRDC refund.
Certificate awarded: Certificate of attendance to be awarded to the participant at the end of the Course