IMDG Code 41-22 Standard
The IMDG Code Standard course is IMDG training for general shipping personnel such as booking office staff, administrators, customer support and office personnel who require a sound working knowledge of the IMDG Code and dangerous goods shipping requirements.
This Function Specific course is designed to meet the training requirements in 18.104.22.168.1 and 22.214.171.124.2 of the IMDG Code. It provides suitable function specific IMDG training for those personnel who may not be covered by the more ‘hands on’ Function Specific courses.
The IMDG Code Standard course provides:
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of
- the IMDG Code general provisions
- dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- package marking and labelling requirements
- CTU marking and placarding requirements
- stowage requirements
- segregation requirements
- requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- additional provisions concerning transport, including emergency response provisions
- In-depth training on documentation requirements and completion procedures
- To identify the IMDG Codes
- To apply the provisions of the IMDG Code to safely and efficiently perform their role in the transportation of dangerous goods by sea and overland.
- Element 1 – Introduction to the IMDG Code (E50)
- Element 2 – General Provisions (E51)
- Element 3 – Classification (E52)
- Element 4 – Packing Provisions (E53)
- Element 5 – Consignment (E54)
- Element 6 – Provisions Concerning Transport Operations (E55)
Who can take this course?
Importers, Exporters, Customs department, Shipping department, Freight Forwarders, Logistics HR Manager, School leavers (Minimum SC)
Course Duration: 18 Hours (6 Sessions of 3Hrs)
Days & Time: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays – 14.30hrs to 17.30hrs
The course is MQA approved and subjected to HRDC refund.
Attendance Certificate to be awarded after successful completion with at least 80% of attendance.