IATA Foundation in Travel and Tourism with Amadeus
It is a comprehensive Course, the starting point of a career in Travel & Tourism. You will learn Industry Codes, products and services, International air fare pricing and ticketing. You will also learn the functionality of Global Distribution System (GDS).
- To become well-acquainted with the Travel & Tourism Environment
- To acquire the understanding of the practicalities of a Travel Professional’s role in the Industry.
- To obtain the foundation of Air Fare calculations and ticketing
- To prepare oneself for a successful career as an International Travel Professional in a dynamic and exciting industry.
- The Travel and Tourism Industry and the Travel Professional
- Geography in Travel Planning
- Travel Formalities
- Air Transport Essentials
- Land Transport: Introduction to passenger rail.
- Land Transport: car and camper
- Hotels Products and Services
- Water Transport: Ferries and Cruises
- Tour Packages
- Serving the Travel Customer
- Electronic Booking Tools
- Fundamentals in Air Fares and Ticketing
- Technology in Travel: Distribution and Airline Retailing with NDC.
Who can take this course?
- Tour Operators dealing regularly with Travel Agents.
- Personnel of companies who make travel arrangements
- School leavers who wish to make a career in the Travel Industry
Course Duration: 177 Hours (44 Sessions of 4 Hrs)
Days & Time: Tuesdays & Thursdays – 08:30 hrs to 12:30 hrs
The course is MQA approved.
Minimum Qualification for Entry: School Certificate
Attendance Certificate to be awarded after successful completion with at least 80% of attendance.