Customs Clearance Course
Freight Academy is pleased to launch the above mentioned Course for new staff of Clearing and Freight Forwarding Company which will be starting on the 5th of August 2014.
The aim of the course is:
- To provide a full understanding on the processes of the import and export declaration at customs.
- To lay emphasis on all the pre-requirements needed for import and export declaration.
- To provide a full practical knowledge on data entry in the Tradenet / CMS systems for all
- types of imports and exports.
- To provide a tool to existing and future employees in the Customs Clearance business through acquisition of knowledge and skills on Customs Declaration procedures.
- To identify the different Regimes and Customs procedures.
- To describe the different methods of searching for HS Code
- To calculate duties and taxes
- To operate input of datas in the Trade net /Customs Management System
Who can take the course?
- Customs Clerks working with Customs House Brokers, Freight Forwarders and the business community
- School Leavers with at least School Certificate
- Agencies involved in Import & Export
- Import & Export Procedures (ii) Incoterms (iii) Mode of Payment (Trade Finance)
- (i) Different types of Import & Export (ii) Freeport
- (i) Customs Regime (ii) Customs Procedures Code
- Calculation of Duties and Taxes
- Harmonised System Commodity Code (HS Code)
- Cargo Community System (CCS)
- Customs Management System (Tradenet)
Course Duration: 33 Hours (11 Sessions of 3Hrs)
Days & Time: Tuesdays & Thursdays – 09.00 hrs to 12.00 hrs
The course is MQA approved and subjected to HRDC refund.
Attendance Certificate to be awarded after successful completion with at least 80% of attendance.